Beginning

|
My first day with Starcom MediaVest: the two MD's of the respective brands sit us down and play us a vid of BGT's finalists 'Flawless'. Yes, impressive moves we all agreed. Bewildered, it transpired there was a point to directing us to youtube, by then playing a famous scene from Mad Men, featuring a pitch from the agency for a new Kodak projector's ad campaign.

At it's most base level, the clip exposes the power of the advertising image, of (no pun intended), it's power of projection. This is the beginning I thought: the beginning of my time deciphering that image, manipulating it, and placing it in the most effective medium.

Well, I hope so anyway.

I decided to start a blog to gather my musings along the way, of advertising and media that triggers my very own personal time machine, that plays with the notion of marketing being half art, half science.

0 comments:

Post a Comment